Security Plus Certification is one of the hardest certifications to get and understand for many reasons. The questions and scenerios in the exam are really hard to study for but I have my Top Ten hints and things to master this exam. In this day and age this certification is vital in the IT Job Market and this is a must have. Follow these tips and you can pass this exam and be confident prior to taking the exam.
- Performance based Questions: Performance-based questions require you to complete many tasks. That are in a drag and drop, configuring an IP Address, and building a Personal Computer are a few examples of the these tasks. According to CompTia: "These questions test your ability to solve problems in a simulated environment." Memorize as many scenerios as you can from testing materials so you can be confident you know them and all the details within them.
- During your test make sure that you don't waste time at the beginning on questions you don't know or are unsure about. Mark them for review and come back to them later on. For me this helped greatly and saved lots of time.
- Multiple Choice Questions : Its hard to say how many questions you will get since its randomized and the number varies from exam to exam. Read through all the answers then read the question. Try to eliminate the ones you know it cannot be. If you don't know don't quess just make them for review and come back to them.
- Key Words: Identify Key Words when studying so when you see them on the exam you will know the correct answer.
- Vocabulary and Acronyms: Be sure you know the meaning of acronyms and other questions that are key words. Such as RAID, EMI and many more.
- Wrong Answers: Knowing the Wrong Answers is half the battle. Once you see them you will automatically give yourself a higher chance of knowing the right answers.
- Anticipate the Answer : If you anticipate the answer while reading the questions many times you will know the answer before you are done reading through the question. Read the answers and question multiple times.
- Blank Answers: Never ever leave a blank answer. If you don't know the answer try to eliminate the answers. Then just guess the best answer.
- First Answer: Don't change your 1st answer because 95 percent of the time that answer is correct. Don't double guess yourself and trust your knowledge.
- Test Voucher: When you go to pay for the voucher buy the extra exam helper so that you can get a sense on what they are asking. This one specifically is by comp tia so it can be trusted and some of those questions may be on the test. I went through them about 1000 times so it was recalled to memory
In order to pass anyt CompTIA exam, you must master the technical information presented in the test. CompTIA classes, books, and videos will help greatly so find as many resources as you can.
I hope you can pass the exam you are taken and gain the Comp Tia certification as it will not only greater your career but it will also give you more knowledge and the power to pass any exam possible.
For me the best materials were practice exams.